Problem with installing Canon Pixma ix6550

I bought a Canon ix6550 over a week ago and hope someone here can help me with my problem as I can not seem to get any answers anywhere else. For some reason the printer will not be detected when installing so the installation can not complete. I guess it is a problem with the driver, as when I start the computer up I get an error message saying 'A driver supporting menu EX is not installed' but the driver has been installed! I have used the disc provided and also tried all the downloads from Canons website. I have tried contacting the place I have bought it from which they seem to be ignoring, and have contacted Canon and still have not had a reply. Apart from paying a lot of money for this printer just to have it sit looking pretty but not working, I really need to be using this printer for my business, desperately! So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to install it on my Asus X58C laptop with XP OS.

Ask a Question