[SOLVED] MFC-L2705DW won't print

I just set up a new PC, and as far as I know I didn't load any Brother programs onto the new PC. Nonetheless, it did print, not sure if it was reconnected wirelessly or wired. Anyway, as there were no printer programs on the computer, I downloaded several Brother programs from this site (https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2705dw_us). Among the programs were a firmware update, printer and scanner driver for local connection, and Paper Port. However, when loading them, I'm quite sure that I didn't pay attention to the instructions, and now the printer won't start...like it is dead. My only saving thought is that someone can help me before I have to trash a perfectly good printer. My only thought now, it that maybe we should start all over again by deleting everything related to the printer...but I don't know how to do this, if this makes sense. Thanks.

Solved: Called Brother printer support. They had me pull the plug from the surge protector and put it directly into a wall outlet. Well, pick me off the floor, damn printer started working. Could have been a dead socket in the protector as everything else plugged in is working. Haven't tried to put plug back into protector as it is a hassle...but, at some later time, probably will do out of curiosity

Ask a Question