Strange problem with Epson Artisan 730

I have just printed 28 6x4 glossy colour prints, I ran out of paper so went out and bought some more Kodak 6x4 glossy paper, loaded 20 sheets into the 6x4 slot but the printer refuses to pick up the paper and tells me I have a paper jam which I do not. The paper is the same as before so what could possibly be the problem?

Try loading 10 sheets only. Be sure paper is under lips on paper guides in tray. Glossy side down.
Be sure photo paper is in small photo paper tray.
Remove wall power plug for 3 minutes.
Select "Restore Factory Defaults" at printer control panel.
Read info on pages 252 through 264 on instruction manual provided here:
http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/art730/art730ug.pdf
Be sure you remove all inspection panels to check for jams. View instructions above.
Carefully hold printer up-side-down and shake. Tape or hold scanner cover in closed position when doing so.
Let us know
Regards

Thank you Ruffin for your reply. Most of what you suggested I have tried already. I took out my Vernier Gauge to ascertain the EXACT width of both batches of paper thinking that the new paper must be a fraction wider thereby dragging on the positioning guides, to my amazement the new paper was .2 of a millimetre NARROWER than the old paper. In desperation I widened the width positioning guide a fraction and now it works perfectly. God knows why.

hi Lysdexic, glad you find the solution for your paper takeup problem, i just want to add something that may helps you in the future,Normally the PX series is well known to be very weak to work with thick paper (especially with non genine epson paper) so if ever you have any paper takeup problem with thick paper , one thing you can do in the paper tray is to adjust the paper length guide a little forward, this will help the takeup roller to grab the paper easily,

Ask a Question