All cartridges are new still not printing..

Hi, I HV an HP office jet 6700 that works fine most of the 5 years I have had it.. in the last 2 years I confess, I started using alternative ink toners...it worked fine.. now however, it is not printing.. I suspect it might hv something to do with an upgrade? Or us it simply the time to take advantage of the black friday rebates and buy a new printer? Thanks

What do you mean by "It's not printing" ?

Is it refusing to print or is it going through the motions without actually putting anything on the paper?

If it's the former then chances are you've been hit with a firmware "update" which borks third party consumables.
If it's the latter then it'd be useful to know when it last printed successfully... could be a clog but hard to be sure.

Hi

I have same problem on HP7720 wide format. Printer stated ink levels low (good possibility they are) however, I have put new ones in and it is still reporting empty cartridges. How to switch low ink level warnings off please
Have run through everything I can think of, switched off & on (unplugged from mains for about 15 minutes (enough to make a cupper and cook brekkie), have reinstalled printer and made sure drivers up todate etc etc - next step, club hammer and visit to skip

Ask a Question