Bizhub C1070 - Envelopes

Hi guys! I'm new here - don't know all the rules yet so if I do something wrong let me know.
I have a Konica Minolta C1070 and it runs envelopes - but doesn't know how to catch them. We run large jobs of 3,000 + envelopes and it can be very frustrating to have to "press start to restart" every time an envelope catches in the output tray, which is at the very least, every 3-4 minutes. I've contacted Konica and they say they don't have any special jogging arms or anything like that.
Has anyone had any success with Macguyver-ing a solution? Currently I have a piece of cardstock taped to the top of the output tray which seems to help a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated! :)
2 main things:
1: Need to have envelopes stack nicely / not catch in the output rollers
2: any way to make the machine "start" on it's own? For example it thinks the output tray is full when it's not - i clear the jam and the machine is ready to go - but I still have wait for the machine to allow me to "push start to restart." Very annoying!

Thanks for any and all help / suggestions!

~Suzie

Hi guys! I'm new here - don't know all the rules yet so if I do something wrong let me know.
I have a Konica Minolta C1070 and it runs envelopes - but doesn't know how to catch them. We run large jobs of 3,000 + envelopes and it can be very frustrating to have to "press start to restart" every time an envelope catches in the output tray, which is at the very least, every 3-4 minutes. I've contacted Konica and they say they don't have any special jogging arms or anything like that.
Has anyone had any success with Macguyver-ing a solution? Currently I have a piece of cardstock taped to the top of the output tray which seems to help a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated! :)
2 main things:
1: Need to have envelopes stack nicely / not catch in the output rollers
2: any way to make the machine "start" on it's own? For example it thinks the output tray is full when it's not - i clear the jam and the machine is ready to go - but I still have wait for the machine to allow me to "push start to restart." Very annoying!

Thanks for any and all help / suggestions!

~Suzie

Don't know if you still need help. The tray will only hold so much and if it gets caught as it comes out the finisher, the stacker tray will give a false reading.

I took a piece of metal strap and made a makeshift stop - there are grooves underneath the bypass output and it fits under there. You just have to make sure not to block the swing arms of the joggers… So one piece goes under the tray and another rests on top to keep the envelopes from falling in the floor

Ask a Question