Bizhub C350 – Misfeed error wont reset

Hi guys!
Some weeks after we successfully resolved the previous problem with my printer (Bizhub C350) I got another one.

Recently when I printed from feeder Bypass take-up on A4 paper I got a misfeed error. There is also a creaking noise every time I turn it on and the error won’t go away. (check the video here)
- I opened the right door checked but there is no misfeed paper in the unit.
- Turned it off/on and unpowered it.
- I took out the fuse, belt and imaging units and turned/moved every cog/wheel/moveable part which became visible. None of them seems to be stuck.
- I cleaned the unit inside and outside with ethyl alcohol.
- I blew out the whole unit with air compressor.
Neither of these helps.

It happened before that I got some misfeed errors in this type, but removing the paper or just simply opening and closing the corresponding door resolved the problem.

I thinking may be the problem with some other moveable part hidden deeper inside, or with the sensors. What do you think?

Attachments

• Misfeed an the sensors.JPG
    Misfeed an the sensors.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Misfeed Display 4-1.JPG
    Misfeed Display 4-1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 151
I removed more panels/covers to look deeper inside. It revealed the cogs/gears where the noise coming from.
It seems that one cog slips over the other. This does not happen all the time, in half of the cases its catches the other cog and turns them but it doesn’t matter because the misdeed error still appears/remains.
Here is another video about the cogs.

I got the solution.

I got a little time again to resolve this problem. It was a misfeed after all.
It was a piece a paper in a teeny-weeny creek below a part what I even I didn’t know that exists.
I was searching for the mentioned sensors… Just any kind of sensor to see how they look like. I found a video about a different unit where the guy removed a part in the unit and cleaned the revealed sensor. I searched my unit and found a similar piece and voila!... I found the sensor and a piece of paper.
Obviously in the service manual I started with the fourth section - Troubleshooting. Under that section 1. Jam Display/1.1 Misfeed Display and I didn’t find the solution there. But after I resolved the problem and discovered the name of the part (Paper Dust Remover - PDR) I figured out that the PDR is actually mentioned in the manual under the section of Image Quality Problem (which would refer back to Maintenance where the cleaning process is described) but under the Misfeed an Solution… NOT EVEN ONCE!
So, the sad thing is that the service manual wasn’t much/full help… again.

Anyway, my persistence paid out again.

Ask a Question