Brother Cloud Ready printer won't wake up.

I have a new Brother wireless Cloud Ready printer it connected wirelessly to My Netgear N900 wireless router. It serves a Dell laptop with Windows 10, Acer C710 and C720 Chromebooks, Apple IPad Air, and 3 Android cell phones.

The printer works flawlessly from the Dell and IPad Air even if the printer is in sleep mode. The printer wakes up and prints in a few seconds.

The problem is with the Chromebooks and Android phone using Google Cloud Print.

When the printer goes into sleep mode (not deep sleep, as I have turned that mode off) the Dell and Ipad see the printer as ready and will print to it. The Chromebooks and Androids say the printer is offline. If I print something from the Dell or IPad, the printer wakes up and prints. At this time the Chromebooks see the printer as “ready" and will print anything in the que and will continue to work until the printer goes into sleep mode. The Cloud devices are all logged into the same Google account and the printer is registered on Google Chrome Could print. Why won't the Cloud devices wake up the printer?

Ask a Question