Canon pro 300. Muddy reds

RMR

No matter what profile I use or whether I print from InDesign, preview, canon software, my reds are printing a muddy browny rust colour. I've tried twiddling with the sliders in the print dialogue (only available in the print dialogue box when I print from preview as far as I can tell) but makes no difference.

Any ideas?

It should be capable of printing reds, and any other color, perfectly. Both the Pro-200 and the Pro-300 are very good printers. Download a printer test chart, then print it, and compare it to what it looks like on the monitor. If it's a nice red on the monitor it should be a nice red on the printed output. (I'll try to attach one).

You could do a nozzle check, too - that'll tell you if something's going on with the printhead, etc.

Attachments

• PDI Read Me.pdf
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
  • PDI Test Image.jpg
    PDI Test Image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 11

RMR

I've done a nozzle check and that was all fine. Will try doing a print test chart. I'm actually thinking now it's maybe something to do with the fact I'm printing from InDesign or an exported InDesign document and maybe there's something weird going on with the profiles (though all other colours look ok!).

Ask a Question