Does the ink of my Canon MP540 dry out ?

Greetings from Belgium

I own a Canon MP540 printer and am very unhappy with the ink consumption.
Although I hardly print in colour, the (separate) colour cartridges must be replaced after maybe half a year ...
I was told that the fact that you leave the printer allways connected to the electricity network (socket allways plugged in the "wall", also when the printer is switched off) could influence that. Apparantly the printer would perform a service cleaning when it has been disconnected from the electricity and is connected again ... ?
So, my printer is allways connected to the electricity network ... and yet the cartridges seem to empty allmost without being used ???

Could somebody please confirm that my above statement, regarding cleaning after re-connection, is indeed exact ?

And are there other reasons fro the fast emtying of the cartridges ? Do they dry out ???

And last but not least, can I refill these cartridges (equiped with a chip) myself ???

Thanks in advance for any help an regards.

Ask a Question