Epson L4260 wifi module upgrade to 802.11ac possible ?

My Epson L4260 eco tank is working fine. Recently I bought a new wifi router which supports 802.11ac and ax. So I switched everything to 5G network. Now my printer does not support ac network. The max it goes is 'n' network in wifi. Other than this age old wifi card, I am happy with the printer and its functionality. Is it possible to upgrade the wifi module of the printer to support 'ac' or even better 'ax' network without having to buy a new printer just for this wifi compatibility ?\

Thank you for reading,

with regards,
ashwin

This is an ongoing problem with every Wi-Fi enabled printer or device for that matter. They stopped making network devices as backwards compatible as when the technology first came out. Your only solution would be a CAT5 or 6 cable or a USB cable.

Yes, I had to settle for USB cable. This model does not have CAT cable option. Unfortunately upgrading the wifi module alone is not possible or so my web searches show. Too bad they don't implement modular design in hardware design just as much as it is being advocated in software design or was it deliberately not done to sell more of their products... Thanks for taking time to update the thread, really appreciated.

It's ironic to me that the solution was the original connection method after serial port connected printers way back. I've thought about that mod as well. The printers firmware is very limited compared to an almost plug-n-play laptop OS. I have seen a lot of people face this dilemma and ultimately sell their printer thinking it's broken. Only to find out it was working perfectly fine and couldn't connect to the new network standards, ac.

Ask a Question