HP 4650 All-in-One Inkjet Stays off line since the recent updates

My HP 4650 inkjet All-in-One worked remarkably well up to 30-days ago when two updates happened - Now the printer cannot be found by the devices - The printer remains offline - I can go through the Wi-Fi setups, reinstall the printer software etc. - It may print one job then goes off line never to print again - Prior to the upgrades within System Preferences (macOS) the printer dialogue box would show print queue, supplies, and open scanner option - After the upgrade the scanner option disappeared - I had to download and instal the HP-Print-Smart software to scan docs - This worked for a few days then hasn't worked since - Does anyone have a fix this? - The printer is about 3 years old recently out of warranty so I get limited help from HP. Any suggestions?

I set the printer as the default restarted it and it printed from the print queue - Thereafter the scanning feature would not open - I'm not familiar with the process to set a default device to the printer - Where can I get these steps?

Under control panel, printers and devices, a list of all devices will be shown, you can also type "Printers and Scanners" in the search box next to the Start button. Select your device and check its functionality.

Attachments

• Printers and Scanners.jpg
    Printers and Scanners.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 36
Note: Just spoke with Epson up to the Corp level. the most recent update had a file in it that would disable your printer, if not using Epson ink cartages. Bewere, don't buy Epson anymore.

My HP 4650 inkjet All-in-One worked remarkably well up to 30-days ago when two updates happened - Now the printer cannot be found by the devices - The printer remains offline - I can go through the Wi-Fi setups, reinstall the printer software etc. - It may print one job then goes off line never to print again - Prior to the upgrades within System Preferences (macOS) the printer dialogue box would show print queue, supplies, and open scanner option - After the upgrade the scanner option disappeared - I had to download and instal the HP-Print-Smart software to scan docs - This worked for a few days then hasn't worked since - Does anyone have a fix this? - The printer is about 3 years old recently out of warranty so I get limited help from HP. Any suggestions?
My WF-4830 worked fine before the last update. Epson confirmed up to the corp level, that the update included a file to disable the use of non-Epson ink.

Ask a Question