Printer doesn't work but scanner does

Hello.
I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG3550 all-in-one printer. I didn't get a USB cable in the package so i decided to connect it wirelessly. I tried everything but it just couldn't connect. So, I went to the store and bought a USB cable for printer. I connected my printer with this USB cable and installed drivers from the CD that came with printer. Everything went fine but when it came to the part where I can print test page I clicked 'Execute' and nothing happened. I gave up that and clicked next. When I tried to print a picture it says: 'Windows photo viewer encountered a problem printing your picture. Trying reinstalling your printer, and then try again.' When I tried printing a PDF document nothing happened.
So, my computer (Windows 7, 32 bit) recognizes this printer in Devices and Printers and it's set to deafult printer, but when i click 'Printing Preferences' it says 'Operation could not be completed' and when I click printer properites, it says: 'The Canon MG3500 series printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properites will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?'. If I click Yes, the Add printer driver wizard shows up, but when i go through it and finish it it's still the same. Also, if I click 'Print test page', it says: 'Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance? Access is denied.'
Then, if I go to troubleshooter it says that everything is fine. When I go to Canon Quick Menu and click 'Start my printer' it says 'the supported printer cannot be detected' but when I go to 'Diagnose and Repair Printer' it says that everything is okay.
I don't know what to do. I tried reinstalling driver thousands of times, I downloaded drivers from this site and everything, but it's all the same. Also, every time I turn on my printer on button I hear some weird noises two times about 5-10 seconds altogether. I don't know if this is related somehow, but I don't think that my device is broken because it can connect to pc and scanning works perfectly, but printing and copying doesn't.
Please help me, I'm desperate. I'm trying so hard but everything is the same and I'm so tired of this.
Thank you.

You must delete all previously installed Canon Pixma MG3550 in the Control Panel - Devices and Printers. Then, follow carefully the instructions in the installation CD or manual. If it still doesn't work, you can do manual installation.

1. Delete previously installed Canon Pixma MG3550 in the Control Panel - Devices and Printers
2. Click 'Add a Printer' then 'Add a Local Printer'
3. You will come to a page: "Choose a printer port", you must select "use an existing port" - in the selections, select USB001, then click 'next'
4. In the next page, click the "Have Disk" button. Take note that the installation CD must be already inserted in the CD- ROM.
5. Browse for the DVD / CD ROM, select "Drivers" folder, select your current OS folder, then select the driver file. It looks like this:
print_set-up.png
6. Click "open" then "OK" in the next page.
7. After the installation, test a print page.

Hello.
Thank you for your reply.
I followed carefully the instructions in the installation CD and it still doesn't work.
Then I tried manual installation. When I came to the part where I have to select driver file it looked like this:canon.png
Then I've chosen this AUTORUN.inf file, clicked ok and then it looked like this:
canon 2.png
But, on the printer box it says that the printer is compatible with Windows 7, 32 bit system.
Do you have any idea what should I do next?
Please, reply as soon as possible.
Thank you.

When I open the win folder it looks like this:
drivers.png
Now when I open this 'Driver' folder it looks like this:
drivers 2.png
Now when I here open the 'Driver' folder it looks like this:
drivers 3.png
When I choose any of this drivers it says: 'This printer will be installed with the Canon MG3500 series Printer driver.' And when I click next it says: 'Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)'
What should I do next?
Please answer asap.
Thanks for helping.

Last edited:
Referring to the second image, you may try to open the folder 'DrvSetup' . Maybe the right driver is there.

Attachments

• img2.png
    img2.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 263
When I open the folder 'DrvSetup' it looks like this:
drvsetup.png
Inside folder 'RES' there are folders: 'CHM', 'DLL', 'EULA' and 'STRING' and they are all empty.
If I choose this 'setup.info' file and click ok it says:
setup info.png
What should I do? This is driving me crazy! Help me please if you know how.
Thank you.

Hey, thanks for your help. I installed printer on my android tablet and it works fine, all functions. So, I guess it's problem in my computer and I will give it to an expert to check what's wrong. The point is that my printer is not broken. Thank you again. Best wishes. :)

Hello Katarina,
If I may, I would like to suggest a procedure that may work for you. First, go the Cannon company website and see if your exact printer model has drivers that you can download. If so, then go back to the computer and get rid of everything about the old printer and the one you have been working on. Start fresh. Go back to the Cannon website, select your model printer drivers. Down load them following exact instructions. Nothing else should be downloaded at this time. Let it install the drivers. Recheck the printer settings and make it default printer. If possible, print a head check to see if it is recognized and prints out the head pattern correctly. If so, it is ready to print anything else that you want to print. Be aware that some things don't print exactly like you may want them to print. Try printing from different programs.
This method usually works when nothing else does. Good luck.

Ask a Question