Serious toner leak!

I've just replaced three toners in my Samsung laser printer (including magenta), and now a blank page comes out like this:-

oi59.tinypic.com/122z2vt.jpg

There seems to be nothing spilt inside the printer itself, so I can only assume this is a leak inside the cartridge? (I've tried shaking it well to try and distribute it, but no joy. I've also tried printing lots of blank pages to see if it 'wears off', but that won't work either.)

Can anyone explain what's actually happened here? (I assume there's nothing to be done so I've already asked if I can return it. The trouble is - I need to print NOW!) :(

Last edited:
Here's another pic, of the underside of the toner cartridge - clearly showing that the toner hasn't distributed along the length of the cartridge and is all stuck at one end.

oi61.tinypic.com/27x2kqb.jpg

I suppose that's the answer to my problem really - but how did it happen? Did I shake it too much (or not enough)? Or is it just faulty? (The seller is replacing it for free by the way!)

Ask a Question