Strange print issue with HP Laserjet M254DW

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a strange print issue with my HP Laserjet M254DW which I really can't find the cause and try to solve.
Every printed page presents a vertical line with a sort of "blur/smudge" effect .
I tried to change all the toner cartridges and do some inner cleaning, but this issue always persists.
I am posting a photo to show better.

Does anyone have experienced a similar situation? Any hints?

Thanks guys

d.

SamplError2.jpg

the video shows how to replace fuser for reference so you know what to look for
take off back cover and shine a light into the hot area (fuser) you should see any problems on fuser rollers
itb belt should be able to be seen when taking out imaging units
remove imaging units look into machine the belt is under the imaging units its a wide belt shine a light in should see if problem there
check itb first its easier

Following the video tutorial I extracted the fuser and I think I've found the problem.
The roller has a big laceration exactly halfway which causes the central vertical line imperfection in the printed paper.
I really cannot guess how this laceration could have been produced..
Do you think I have to replace the whole fuser or can I just replace this roller and if so, how?

Thanks !

d.

Attachments

• Fuser.jpg
    Fuser.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 14
i dont know if you can just replace the roller
usually replace complete unit
hp will have a fuser service kit
contact them i have always found there helpline very good

Last edited:

Ask a Question